At MECS we believe that Extracurricular activities allow students to develop their skills and talents while promoting their integral development. These activities are aimed for students from 1st to 12th grade.
To participate in extracurricular activities the student must:
- Maintain an acceptable academic performance (70 or more).
- Demonstrate proper behavior both at school and in the activity.
- Comply with attendance and punctuality.
- Attend tournaments and activities related to the activity.
- Be picked up by their parents at the stipulated dismissal time.
- Participation in extracurricular activities is a privilege, not a right, so participating students must commit to comply with the rules and regulations established for this program.
Note: Failure to comply with the rules and regulations will result in relevant corrective measures.
- To formalize the registration, families must complete an enrollment form and make the payment in the Bursar’s Office.
- The cost for all the activities is: Registration: $ 1,500.00/ Monthly: $ 3,000.00 / $1,500.00 Theater
- Classes are limited in order of date of registration.
- Students in grades 1st through 6th have an opportunity to change their clothes and have lunch from 2:45 pm to 3:25 pm in the Elementary playground area. These students will have lunch under the supervision of the support team and then they will be directed to the different selected activities.
- This year we will not be offering the cafeteria services. We encourage each parent to bring their children’s lunch, duly identified and packed along with the student in the morning. We suggest foods that do not require heating (sandwich, wrap, nachos, among others).
- Students from 7th-12th grade must get dressed and have lunch in the secondary cafeteria area from 3:00-3:30 pm.
- Other recommendations: Put a properly identified personal hygiene kit in your child’s backpack.
Class Cancellation and Late Pickup
- Some days, extracurricular classes will be canceled due to events at the school, such as: parent-teacher meetings, early dismissals, teacher training, or any other situation reported prior to the event.
- ALL students must be picked up from Miguel Angel Monclús street no later than 15 minutes after finishing their activity. From 5:45 pm parents must pick them up from the Private Ave.
- In the event that your child is not picked up within the established schedule, they will have an hourly or fractional charge of RD$150.00 per day, cumulative monthly, which must be paid at the end of the month in the Bursar’s Office.