Ms. Stephanie Matos
At MECS we believe that Extracurricular activities allow students to develop their skills and talents while promoting their integral development. These activities are aimed for students from Pre Kinder to 12th grade.
To participate in extracurricular activities the student must:
- Maintain an acceptable academic performance (70 or more from 1st to 12th).
- Demonstrate proper behavior both at school and in the activity.
- Comply with attendance and punctuality.
- Attend tournaments and activities related to the activity.
- Be picked up by their parents at the stipulated dismissal time.
- Participation in extracurricular activities is a privilege, not a right, so participating students must commit to comply with the rules and regulations established for this program.
Note: Failure to comply with the rules and regulations will result in relevant corrective measures.
- To formalize the registration, families must complete this enrollment form and make the payment in the Bursar’s Office.
- The cost for all the activities is: Registration: $ 1,500.00/ Monthly: $ 2,300.00
- Classes are limited in order of date of registration.
Lunch Logistics and Clothes Change
- Pre-Kinder and Kinder students must be picked up at their dismissal time to return to class at 3.30 pm. They will also have the option of staying in school under the Extended Care program, which costs $200 per day and $3,000 monthly. These students can have lunch and change during this time.
- Students in grades 1st through 6th have an opportunity to change their clothes and have lunch from 2:45 pm to 3:25 pm in the Elementary playground area. These students will have lunch under the supervision of the support team and then they will be directed to the different selected activities. Families are welcome to contribute to this process.
- The Secondary cafeteria will be offering food services for children. You can contact them to the school’s phone number (extension 246) or cell phone 809-875-5337. Payment must be made directly to the cafeteria staff.
- Students from 7th-12th grade must get dressed and have lunch in the secondary cafeteria area from 3:00-3:30 pm.
Class Cancellation and Late Pickup
- Some days, extracurricular classes will be canceled due to events at the school, such as: parent-teacher meetings, early dismissals, teacher training, or any other situation reported prior to the event.
- Families must pick up their children no later than 15 minutes after completing their activity through the entrance door of the Privada Ave.
- In the event that your child is not picked up within the established schedule, they will have an hourly or fractional charge of RD$150.00 per day, cumulative monthly, which must be paid at the end of the month in the Bursar’s Office.